Wednesday, January 15, 2014

REVIEW: Outback Dirty (Calendar Men Series) by JoAnne Kenrick

Outback Dirty

JoAnne Kenrick

Chris Ruter's plan for Australia Day is to beat the heat by letting the beer flow. His New York ex, Janine, seems determined to drive the heel of her sharp stiletto right through the wall he's built to avoid memories of her--but does she want him in front of her camera or in her bed?
Janine Red is ready to get outback dirty to win back her sexy ex. Following him to his plantation, their bushwalk turns into a trip down memory lane. Can the magic of the outback heal her sprained ankle--and their hearts?

Genre: Contemporary romance, adventure, erotic romance
Heat level: 3
Word count – 25k
Cover art by Mina Carter
 

~Excerpt~
“We should go to my room,” he whispered.

She shook her head. “I…I didn’t mean for this to happen. You took me by surprise with all your swagger and smolder in that sexy hat and those ass-hugging jeans. I’m sorry, Chris. Really I am.”

Well, this keeps getting better. “Are you kidding me right now? Ah, damn. Well, I suppose it’s for the best then, if this isn’t want you really want.”

“I want you, Chris, but I don’t want to live in Australia. And for me to ask you to move back to New York and away from your family is unfair, so….”

“Tell me, do you ever think about what might have been?”

Turning her head, she glanced at the floor.

He couldn’t go to bed confused. “I deserve to know, don’t I?”

“Yes, Chris, every day. But I think it’s for the best.” She dipped and swirled out of his grasp, and sulked toward the bathroom.

“Think?”

She glanced over her shoulder, her eyes a watery picture of regret. “Know.”
Author Bio:
JoAnne Kenrick is a multi-published author who writes both contemporaries and paranormals. She blogs regularly with Diamond Authors. When JoAnne's not writing or blogging, she enjoys creating book adverts and crafting.
JoAnne is a born n bred Welsh lass, but she now lives in North Carolina with her husband, two kids and two puddy cats. When they aren't demanding her attention, or jumping on her head, she strums away on the keys of her little laptop, creating worlds and adventures she could only ever dream of. Come across the pond and faraway....with Joanne Kenrick!

To learn more about our 2014 Calendar Men Series, click here.

Sarah's Review
Thanks to JoAnne Kenrick and Decadent Publishing for the chance to read this story and the beginning of a new series!  I am so excited for what's to come this year! 

Chris and Janine grabbed my attention right from the start.  I love that this story is set in Australia and that this is a second chance at love.  Chris is the jilted lover that was turned down by Janine and he is not happy when Janine shows up at his home.  Janine shows up for two reasons and Chris isn't sure that she is telling him the truth.  

Janine is keeping her childhood history a secret but when that secret begins to come out, Chris realizes that he needs to show Janine why staying with him is a good idea.  Also, these two need to decide whether they are going to allow their feelings to keep them together or let their differences keep them apart.  

I truly enjoyed how they decided their future.     

No comments:

Post a Comment